ITS is now hiring a Project Procurement Manager to join the team in Austin, TX and support our continues growth.
As a member of the ITS Procurement Team, the Project Procurement Manager will be responsible for sourcing, negotiation and developing long-term relationships with vendors, consultants, installers as well as operators within the ITS industry. Further, the successful candidate will manage all procurement related activities for assigned ITS projects and bids and define and implement procurement strategies target maximum contribution to the business results. The position will report to the Sr. Procurement Manager. Candidates must possess solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of project management.
- Drive all relevant procurement activities for assigned bids and projects to form competitive supplier teams, secure quotes, scope out work packages and to realize cost savings potential.
- Lead supplier negotiations regarding price, terms and conditions, scope of works and related claims and change orders
- Negotiate frame agreements with suppliers for components, commodities, or special engineering solutions. Conduct eSourcing activities.
- Understand RFPs from governmental end-customer and create related subcontract agreements ensuring technical and contractual compliance.
- Lead comprehensive supplier audits, evaluations and qualiﬁcation and develop suppliers
- Generate, document, and implement savings, e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Prepare and conduct sourcing decisions with relevant stakeholders like R&D, product management, system engineering, construction, and electrical contractor specialists.
- Successfully drive design-to-cost measures and innovation efforts with key suppliers
- Align strategies and global suppliers in global ITS procurement team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A 4-year degree in business, and/or engineering
- Experience in project controls for US infrastructure and governmental projects
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project management, strategic procurement including knowledge on legal contracting and claim management
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Microsoft Suite and SAP computer skills required
- Understanding of transportation / traffic infrastructure systems and public road infrastructure deployment projects is desirable
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, has successfully demonstrated entrepreneurial and leadership skills
- Professional Engineering (PE) degree desired
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.