SECURITY AND BMS PRESALES ENGINEER – Qatar/Doha
Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure Regional Services and Solutions as the Security and BMS Presales Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI RSS QA) is looking for an experienced Estimation and Pre-Sales Engineer on ELV and BMS systems to join the team.
Reporting to the Bid Manager, you will be responsible:
- To initiate pre-sales activities, consulting services and products
- To log inquiries, proposals and tenders into database
- To analyze bid/tender requirements and define the most suitable solution (product, architecture, system) and deliverables according to the requirements
- To study and interpret engineering drawing and technical specifications
- To compare studies based on supplier’s quotations
- To develop cost estimate
- To comply with Siemens Bid Approval process including risk evaluation to the satisfaction of the internal and external stakeholders
- To manage current and previous estimations
- To work closely with Bid Manager and sales team on the commercial offering
- To liaise with Sales Managers to ensures Bid success (commercial, time, quality) and conversion to Customer Orders
- To promote Siemens BMS and Security Products and Solutions
- To drive the development of technical standards and procedures.
- To propose optimizations and improvements of BMS and Security Systems
- To lead technical discussions with Client and Consultant
- To clarify technical topics and liaise with Regional Technical Support and Factory Representatives as necessary
- To ensure smooth handover to Projects and Execution Team
- To meet tender submission deadlines and requirements
- Knowledge of Fire alarm system is plus
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Holder of electrical or electronic engineering degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the estimation and presales of BMS and Security systems
- 3-5 years of experience in Qatar Market
- Capable to design CCTV, ACS, PSIM and BMS Solution
- UPDA Certification
- Have successful track records of estimations of complex medium to large scale projects in security and BMS systems
- Self-motivated flexible individual with the ability to work well within a dynamic environment
- Proven communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent methodical organizational and documentation skills
- Good team-worker, able to collaborate within a diverse team
- QCDD certification is plus
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time