Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting QA Test Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
As a QA Test Engineer, you will participate in the test plan and quality plan definition of each release in coordination with development and marketing teams. You are also going to create various test cases to evaluate new features using different design languages (System Verilog, Verilog-AMS, VHDL-AMS, Verilog-A, Spice, etc.).Main Responsibilities
- Aim to reach a high quality level for the different Mentor Mixed-Signal products (Questa ADMSTM, AFS AMSTM, Symphony).
- Analyze defects reported by customers and automate their test cases.
- Run the adequate tests, analyze the test reports, make the diagnosis of problems, report them to development teams and possibly suggest the way to solve them.
- Consider different quality attributes (FURPS) while validating the various products with special emphasis on performance attributes.
- Measure the test coverage and suggest improvements.
- Use products as a designer and report issues and suggestions to enhance them.
- Work closely with the development team to optimize the development and validation cycle time in an Agile process.
- B.Sc./ M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering.
- Solid knowledge in digital/mixed signal design and usage of commercial Digital/Spice/Co-Sim simulators.
- Knowledge of analog circuit design and Verilog-A is a plus.
- Familiar with digital/mixed-signal verification methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and practice of VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog (VHDL-AMS/Verilog-AMS.
- Good understanding of UVM.
- Knowledge or interest in QA methodology and in development tools (version management, defect management, test coverage) is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Shell/Perl and TCL/TK.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We are looking for applicants who are knowledgeable, passionate and willing to learn, send us your CV! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time