Facilities Maintenance Engineer – Sudbury, Suffolk
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Engineer at our Point of Care Diagnostics business in Sudbury.
The main part of your role will be to ensure that the Sudbury facilities buildings, infrastructure and systems are well maintained and serviced as part of planned and unplanned requirements.
You will be aiming for continuous improvement across the business real estate.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions needed for repair
- Manage contractors and external outsourced providers who are required to make repairs and or maintenance on site, including correct delivery and use of license systems for safe access and working while on site.
- Perform minor electrical replacement of fixtures (e.g. incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes and LED, ballast, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) Ensuring repairs are directed to appropriate qualified support.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance
- Perform minor painting, carpentry and masonry work
- Reconfigure, install, positions, and remount modular offices and space to accommodate user needs and maximise office space using various hand, power and speciality tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Manage contractors and external outsourced providers to arranges repairs and or maintenance including correct access systems used for safe access and working while on site.
- Inspect and manage site external space to ensure environment is free from defect or faults detrimental to safety or business operations and report through close call or proactively organise for repair or corrective actions.
- Order parts and maintain required documents with authorised suppliers or outsources providers
Your experience and skills:
- Experience of working in varied facilities management functions - basic construction, cleaning, grounds, general maintenance, electrical PAT testing competencies.
- A background in medical manufacturing
- Experience in M&E working maintenance environment and plant
- Basic understanding of trade functions such as plumbing, carpentry and building
- Basic understanding M&E functions
- Excellent working knowledge of Engineering safe systems of work (Permits / risk assessments / lock-out tag-out). Improvement focused, with demonstrated structured problem solving capabilities.
- Capable of co-ordinating activities via internal teams and external contractors
- Customer orientated.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/point-of-care-testing
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We can offer different flexible working options at Sudbury depending on the role you’re applying for. We’re be happy to talk through these options with you during the application process.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time