Mentor, a Siemens Company, is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are looking for a strong, motivated DevOps Engineer who can contribute on our journey to develop our Mentor Electronic Board Systems (EBS) SaaS portfolio. If you are interested in working as part of a hardworking team that works with the best companies around the globe, we’d be excited to know more about you.
You excel at problem solving and working with a dynamic team of engineers to make sure all processes run smoothly and predictably. If you’re the kind of engineer that sees scripts where there was once a manual process, you might be a good fit. You are proactive about streamlining and maintaining a continuous integration infrastructure with high availability and up-time.
What will I do?
- Working closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life-cycle.
- Analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams.
- Design, develop and document automated cloud based continuous integration architecture and maintain a 24x7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
- Managing a service critical codebase with version control using Git.
- Applying monitoring techniques for early problem detection and reporting.
What’s needed to do this job successfully?
You will have worked with AWS services (ex: EC2, S3, RDS) building up a reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services. Previous exposure to automation tools and methodologies like GitLab and GitLab Pipelines as well as being well-versed in common shell scripting languages such as PowerShell and Docker containers.
A problem solving / trouble shooting attitude, able to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or work environment coupled with strong communication skill, the ability to influence and drive change as well as adapt communication to your audience including executive level management.
Other experiences such as Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Hashicorp, the use of Amazon Web Services console, CLI, APIs. AWS Certifications are especially helpful Configuration Management Tools would all prove highly beneficial.
At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impact thousands of customers and you will be called on to identify, realize, and drive these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time