At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsJob Description Company: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Sr. Member of Technical Staff- SISW- MG- 231642Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Category: Engineering
The candidate will be in charge of research and development of software, algorithms, and techniques for formal verification of hardware, software and safety critical systems, contributing to Calypto SLEC formal verification product line. As a generalist, for a formal verification product line, the candidate will have a broad charter of contributing to various aspects of the tool flow, to take formal verification from research to broad usage.
The candidate will report to the director of the engineering team responsible for SLEC product line, in Calypto Systems Division in Siemens EDA. The division is responsible for industry leading tools for formal verification, high level synthesis, RTL power analysis and optimizations, and FPGA and ASIC synthesis.Responsibilities
This software development position entails contributions to different areas of the SLEC product, graphical user interfaces, language frontends for C++, SystemC, and RTL, data flow analysis, netlist database and optimizations, solver orchestration and benchmarking, to debug flows utilizing industry standard waveform and testbench formats, and integration with third party tools for waveforms and simulation.
The candidate will also interact with other product groups, field engineers, and customers to identify and develop unique formal verification solutions requirements that arise, such as C++ high level synthesis, CPU/FPU formal verification, RTL power optimizations, etc.Typical duties in this role involve:
- Developing specification for software from often incomplete and
- ambiguous requirements
- Software development, testing and code quality best practices
- Debugging of software, either in house, or in customer environments
- Developing solutions and methodologies for unique customer problems
- Communicating with peers, other teams, and customers
- The candidate will possess either a Masters degree with 5+ years of experience, or a Ph.D with 2+ years of experience in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields.
- The candidate should possess strong skills in algorithms and data structures, at least one modern programming language, with C++ preferred, scripting languages, program/data flow analysis, computer arithmetic, etc.
- The position may involve occasional travel for internal meetings, as the team is geographically diverse.
Knowledge or experience in the following is a plus.
- Understanding of formal verification of hardware/software
- Mathematical/analytical abilities
- High-level/behavioral synthesis
- Hardware design
- RTL simulation tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.