Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire our next great mind and add to our team an Electrical Project Engineer for Traction Power Substations (TPSS)! This role is responsible for the production and development of the TPSS Contract Engineering Design deliverables / submittals together with all other associated documentation, calculations, and drawings for assigned projects.
In performing this role, you will be required to work closely with Senior Project Engineers and Technical Managers to ensure a coordinated engineering solution is presented to the Customer. This will extend to working and collaborating with our external approved suppliers and or other third parties as appropriate to produce a homogeneous solution.
In our business, we always ensure alignment to Siemens Business Management Systems (BMS), Safety working policies, standards, procedures and standard practices.
We take great pride in providing the highest quality products and unparalleled customer service while achieving delivery timescales at budgeted cost without compromising the quality or safety of our products or services.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.Areas of responsibility / tasks:
- Ensure that all project Engineering designs follow all applicable standards including, but not limited to, ANSI / IEEE and NEMA standards
- Assist in the preparation of fully compliant Engineering designs that meet the requirements of the contract
- Assist in the preparation of technical white papers to enable accurate interpretation and evaluation of standards, routine specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
- Assist in the management of any sub-contracted Engineering design work
- Support the preparation of interdisciplinary Engineering designs i.e. TPSS, OCS, Civils, SCADA, Telecoms etc.
- Provide technical support to all Senior Project Engineers and Technical Managers as required
- Maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery timely and within budget
- Flexible approach to work, and ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT) and Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) as required
- Willingness to travel across the North America (NAM)
- Electrical Engineering Degree (Bachelors required; Masters preferred)
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience with AutoCAD Electrical or Siemens COMOS
- Knowledge of AC and / or DC rail electrification schemes, particularly distribution assets
- Knowledge of Siemens Electrification products is an advantage
- Understand control circuitry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Project Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.