The Accounting Business Partner is responsible for Commercial Finance (COF) which is one of the three Business Units within Siemens Financial Services (SFS) Americas. The position will require flexibility to work in Iselin, NJ, and Malvern, PA, with also a portion working from home a (best estimate as of today 1/3 each after Covid-19).
The individual is an experienced accountant with strong business affinity who can serve as the bridge between Accounting and Business Controlling. He/she explains accounting effects to the business and validates accounting closing results against developments in the business. He/she is also responsible for SFS Americas management reporting and driving Digitization initiatives for Accounting & Controlling
This position will report to the Head of the SFS Americas Company Accounting.
- Be the bridge between Accounting and Business Controlling explaining accounting effects to the business and validate financial results against developments in the business.
- Present financial results in the monthly P/L reviews. This includes a deep analysis of accounting effects and connecting them with the major deals and overall development in the business.
- Be the coordinator between business and accounting principles for new product approvals and non-routine transactions.
- Monitor, analyze and review the Balance Sheet, P/L and Cash Flow Statement of the respective business portfolio.
- Interact routinely and proactively with Transactional Accounting/Portfolio Accounting to evaluate completeness and correctness of bookings.
- Interact proactively with the Business Planers of the Business Unit COF and stay on top of business developments and trends in the market. Being able to connect them with the financial results. Being able to explain non-routine transactions and coordinate their accounting treatment.
- Assist in the preparation of the materials for general management reporting and, in particular, the SFS Inc Board Meeting and Americas Business Review Meeting. develop other ad-hoc reports as requested by SFS local management as well as SFS headquarters.
- Facilitate external and internal audit requests. Provide information and comfort relating to financial reporting and accounting data.
- Be an active contributor to SFS AC key projects such as OneGL (S/4 Hana transition), Datalake
- Drive standardization and enhancements across closing processes within a harmonized SFS AC process house.
- Utilize digitization solutions to achieve efficiency, quality and productivity improvements; present ideas, prepare business plans and measure implementation success via KPIs.
- Driving special projects and / or other assignments as delegated by management.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- S. Accounting degree or related work experience.
- 6+ years of experience in either financial services or within a different Siemens entity. Ideally part of this time was in accounting and part in controlling/financial analysis.
- Ability to understand broad based accounting, controlling and financial concepts to explain the Business Unit’s performance and align the business development with the financial closing results. Working knowledge of financial reporting (IFRS or US GAAP) or Siemens Financial reporting guidelines, especially leasing (lessor accounting).
- Having a customer focus mind to support Business Planners with all questions relating to accounting for the whole Business Unit investment portfolio and non-routine/significant business transactions.
- Experience regarding the application of systems, accounting knowledge or processes to commercial financing instruments like leases, trade finance and loans.
- Experience in or knowledge of general ledger and sub-ledger systems with a strong preference towards SAP. Management reporting system experience or knowledge (Hyperion Financial Management or others).
- Business travel: 33% (Malvern, PA).
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.