Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption, and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
Working in the city of Chicago as a Software Configuration Manager at Siemens Building Technologies, you will collaborate on our flagship Desigo CC product line and participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners. Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the configuration management and delivering of the products and applications for the commercial building market. You will be responsible for ensuring the build process and automation scripts are efficient, provide support for the source code management, integrate test automation and provide visibility to the process. This position will work and lead the change across multiple development teams worldwide. There are growth opportunities within our team structure and an ongoing mission to learn and implement many of the newest technologies.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Lead global team of CMs to ensure common integration and coordination of efforts
- Provide support for team’s code delivery and build
- Drive improvements for the continuous integration and continuous delivery of the product
- Monitor and maintain build infrastructure (physical and virtual)
- Enhance and grow the automation of the process to facilitate the development and deployment
- Integrate the automated testing in virtual environments
- Incorporate build status, statistics, and test data into reporting / dashboards
- Communicates with internal and remote sites to understand the needs and provide the proper solution
- Validate the package preparation and deployment verification
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of experience
- Skilled with IBM JazzSCM and GitHub or similar repositories
- Knows CruiseControl, Jenkins or similar automated Continuous Integration Tools
- Has setup /configured/optimized ESX Infrastructures and managed VMs
- Collaborates well in teams and can work on individual assignments
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve, develop new skills, and stay current with technology
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Can work in an open environment
- Willing to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly
- Has strong AWS or similar experience – certification preferred
- Can experiment and explore alternatives and prototype architectural alternatives
- Familiar with Agile and SAFe development approaches
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Has lead DevOps teams and implemented large scale improvement efforts
- Has incorporated new tools and technology infrastructures
- Has worked in SLC development environments and has established strategies for multiple deployments
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.