The Accounting Policy Manager/Business Partner is responsible for ensuring compliance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (based on IFRS accounting principles) within Siemens Financial Services (SFS) Americas.
The individual is an experienced accountant with strong knowledge of accounting principles, with regards to loans, leases and equity investments and strong business affinity. You will facilitate the identification, documentation, and resolution of a broad spectrum of complex accounting decisions. You will also implement changes due to new or amended accounting standards throughout the organization in a timely and diligent manner and analyzes and suggests accounting treatment for new products.
This position will report to the Head of the SFS Americas Company Accounting.
- Evaluate existing accounting practices in order to ensure compliance with the Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (based on IFRS accounting principles). This includes balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and notes (ADSTAR) disclosure requirements. Draft Accounting memos as necessary.
- Interact proactively with the business and stay on top of business developments and trends in the market. Being able to connect them with the financial results. Being able to explain non-routine transactions and coordinate their accounting treatment.
- Be the coordinator between business and accounting principles for new product approvals and non-routine transactions. Review and interpret new products, variations of existing products and non-routine transactions and evaluate technical accounting and reporting treatment in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines.
- Act as key accounting resource to evaluate changes to Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines, evaluate potential impact for SFS Americas and lead implementation.
- Prepare financial information for the management and present it on a regular basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the materials for general management reporting and, in particular, the SFS Inc Board Meeting and Americas Business Review Meeting. develop other ad-hoc reports as requested by SFS local management as well as SFS headquarters.
- Drive automation of information gathering from month end close to presentation of information to the management and external auditor.
- Facilitate the external and internal audit requests. Provide information and comfort relating to financial reporting and accounting data.
Required Education and Experience
- Masters or bachelor’s degree with a preferred focus in accounting.
- 6+ years of experience in either financial services or within a different Siemens entity out of which part should be in accounting and part in controlling/financial analysis (ideally in a role focusing on accounting principles or in an advisory role for standard conversions)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS or US GAAP) is required
- Experience in financial services required, ideally in lending, leasing and equity investments
- CPA preferred
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.