SFS, Inc. is part of the Siemens AG and is a leading provider of the project based financing around the globe. The Risk Controlling Group within SFS Inc. is looking for an energetic and self-motivated Senior Credit Analyst in the field of Project and Infrastructure Finance (Power, Energy, and Infrastructure) for its Risk Rating Group.
As part of the Risk Rating function within the Risk Controlling Group, you will be responsible to evaluate and assess credit risks associated with a project or an individual obligor. You must have strong credit and quantitative skills to analyze the credit risk and various elements of project finance transactions in the Americas.The risk assessment needs to be independent, coherent, and high quality while following the internal credit risk methodology. The knowledge about the merchant energy markets, renewable energy, financial forecasting, credit agreement covenants, and the Microsoft Office is highly desired.
You will also be responsible to perform the annual review of the assigned ratings based on the annual financial and operating information and compliance with the SFS Risk Controlling Function’s policies, guidelines and procedures. The Risk Controlling Group serves to mitigate Siemen’s credit risk and protect its capital. The Risk Rating team facilitates the objectives of the Risk Controlling Group, by providing timely credit analysis, monitoring the credit quality of the borrower, and assessing changes in the market risk on the portfolio.
- Gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data and legal documents for the purpose of producing ratings.
- Perform credit risk analysis and prepare a rating report based on the analysis to be included in the credit report for the investment committee/credit committee presentation
- Periodic review of the project ratings based on the borrowers’ historical performance against the original projections.
- Develop a strong working relationship with other internal departments
- Ensure that all risk rating guidelines are adhered to and that exceptions are well documented.
- As needed, assist on special projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting.
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in Banking, Finance or Energy sectors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Analytical aptitude/experience.
- Experience working with financial models is a plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Detail-orientation and strong organization skills.
- Ability to interact well with others in an open team environment.
- High degree of flexibility, energy and initiative.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.