We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Client Relationship Manager for Boston’s largest client in Smart Infrastructure. Reporting to the General Manager, you will have strategic account management responsibilities and coordinate a team of salespeople in rolling out initiatives and programs throughout the client’s expansive organization.
The Client Relationship Manager will focus on high level customer engagement to develop programs that will result in revenue growth within the account. You will have the strategic function of developing and leading overall growth, retention, and strategic planning of the Smart Infrastructure business for this account. This position will be a management position with direct reports who share in meeting the account management and business development goals.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record of delivering results for a minimum of 10 years in sales roles, ideally focused on the Building Automation Systems and/or Security Integration markets. A mindset that balances strategy, execution and results is critical. Preferably, she/he will be experienced in a company that delivers technically complex building systems to highly engaged, well informed end user clients. He/she will have earned a reputation for leadership and innovative approaches in complex markets, ultimately executing for revenue and market share growth. Additional traits and competencies that define the successful candidate are:
· Highly intelligent and very resourceful with solid customer-facing skills
· Strong customer orientation / Voice of the Customer Driven
· A demonstrated track record of executing against sales targets
· The ability to interact successfully with external and internal stakeholders and “lead by influence” in a multi-cultural matrix organization
· A willingness and aptitude to collaborate across many disciplines
· Attacks problems and quickly works through to resolution
· Embraces change and proactively looks for ways to improve strategy
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communication throughout all levels of an organization
· Full account management - and together with your team of sales representatives, you act as first point of contact for customer. You own account coordination and Project/Opportunity pipeline development & tracking.
· Active communication with client, conducting regular business reviews and identifying short and long term opportunities to strengthen the partnership. The Client Relationship Manager will be instrumental in setting targets, developing and executing strategies and managing the execution of any action plans.
- Development and ongoing modifications to strategy for retention of revenue and development of new revenue within the account
· Identify and assess the customer’s critical needs, define and manage those requirements in collaboration with the Siemens organization while keeping key stakeholders informed. Involve customer stakeholders in new product/program developments and manage regular product management update meetings.
· Owning the Master Services Agreement contract and keeping track of all contractual obligations, you are accountable for leading the regular agreement negotiations.
- Directing and coordinating reporting sales team. Developing sales employees to deliver premiere account management, overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Assess employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Assist employees in identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 10+ years Key Account Management sales experience
· Successful track record in new account development and revenue growth within existing accounts
· Strong project management skills
· Analysis, planning, and forecasting
· Strong communication and presentation skills
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
· HVAC systems understanding
· Security systems integration experience
· Building automation controls experience
· Senior level sales and relationship building experience
· Experience in Strategic selling
· Sales management experience
· Experience in the higher education vertical market
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.