From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Commissioning Engineer to join the MRX Siemens Mobility team, based in our Perth office. Reporting to the Head of Customer Service with the expectation of some possible travel to customer sites both domestic and international.
Your main areas of responsibility will be:
Completes broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems among others (after PM100).
Plans the required activities.
Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly.
Processes the change request management at site and makes the "as-built" entries in the construction documents.
Schedules the installation works for a technical discipline (time schedule, resource planning, material, tools, etc.).
Performs the commissioning of components, systems and solutions on site and remotely.
Prepares reports and documentation of the results.
Analyses the system behavior and the interaction of single elements.
Executes the hand-over to the customer personnel and their briefing.
Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues.
Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internal tools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management (partly before PM100).
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Engineering degree as a minimum.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Ability and willingness to work with teams/contractors in a remote working model.
- Ideally some exposure in design, procurement, installation and commissioning of wayside systems, other industry commissioning/install experience would also be looked upon fondly;
- Verification and Acceptance Tests (QA) experience is preferable;
- Experience in meeting customer requirements to ensure a high level of satisfaction;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High degree of EHS awareness for both self and team;
- Knowledge of Design Engineering process.
Ability to travel, work on site and towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders
- A positive can do attitude
- Computer Networking understanding preferable
- Experience/interest in machine vision camera systems would be preferable.
- Strong fault finding ability with complex systems
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Close to major public transport options
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time