Account Technology Manager (ATM) – Hardware Assisted Verification
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor Graphics, a part of Siemens Digital Industries, is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to achieve their design goals developing new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers are world leaders, creating sophisticated electronic systems impacting major industries from automotive to consumer electronics incorporating cutting edge technologies spanning cloud computing, machine learning, AI and beyond.
As a member of Siemens EDA Technology Solution Sales (TSS), you are responsible for working with leading edge customers defining methodologies to solve their hardest problems verifying the correct function of their latest ICs. You will own development and execution of the strategy to achieve business targets and strategic objectives for hardware-assisted functional verification products (hardware prototyping and emulation) within a territory comprised of assigned accounts in China.
The ATM drives the relative priorities of all assigned Product Line opportunities in the territory and provides a clear direction for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and business unit. You are responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking customer engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining and owning the technical opportunity plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, and to then proliferate the technology to additional teams.
- Develop the customer-facing product strategy, in partnership with field technical management, to achieve business targets and strategic objectives through the construction of top-down and bottom-up plans account by account within a territory.
- Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve results.
- Lead and manage the account campaigns.
- Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, how best to solve the customer’s problem.
- Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns.
- Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively.
- Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives.
- Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology.
- Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS EE degree or equivalent
- 10 years of related and relevant experience in various aspects of hardware-assisted functional verification
- This position, under normal circumstances, may require up to 50% travel. Currently, Siemens travel is restricted in some regions and subject to change upon company policy.
- Working knowledge of business financials, metrics, and language
- Organizational knowledge including formal and informal structures
- Product, market, and industry knowledge in emulation and verification technology
- Negotiating skills
- Prospecting/uncovering skills
- Demand creation
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain technical campaigns
- Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
- Bring technical campaigns to successful closure
- Positive relationship with account management
- Positive relationships with field technical organization
- Positive relationships with business unit R&D and Marketing
- Professional customer presence
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to manage indirectly
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, stock purchase plan, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Shanghai) Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time