Siemens Mobility is adding to their team and seeking to hire its next Senior Product Quality Manager to oversee Plant Quality Control, the business partnership for our Products/Field Quality, and mentor the team of both direct and indirect reports.
The mission for this role is to operatively establish, maintain, and optimize a Total Quality Management System (QMS), including required certifications, according to the business requirements and Mobility directives. Here, you will collaborate with management regarding current and future Quality/regulatory requirements and risks. We also drive, together with Manufacturing Management, the continuous improvement to reach world-class Quality within Operations and advise professionally all Quality employees that support production. Are you up for the challenge?
Ideally, you will have a detailed use of know-how to solve complex problems and demonstrate high professional judgment competence. You will be an idea generator for new and practical solutions, possibly changing existing (legacy) approaches and having an impact on results in larger, matrixed organization. You should be well-established in external and internal networks within specialist field and actively sharing knowledge in a detailed way in larger organization to grow know-how base and supports a learning organization.
- Act in collaboration with Operations group, as primary liaison for Quality issues within all support functions; including Engineering/Design, Supply Chain and Project Management.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Quality Management System (QMS).
- Manage all external registration requirements to ensure they are met.
- Develop, improve, and maintain all relevant procedures and processes contained in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensure that Quality systems, programs and procedures are updated, revised and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies.
- Update Quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from Quality issues and concerns.
- Introduce new systems, methodologies, and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the Quality System and application of procedures
- Manage, perform regular internal and process audits of the QMS
- Ensure Corrective Actions are undertaken to address nonconformities found
- Verify closure of findings and nonconformities with certification bodies
- Manage and track all Operations based issues in the Process Nonconformance database.
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting of nonconformities including Root Cause Analysis.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including management of, and reporting
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelors Science -Engineering Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering is helpful, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- 10 years’ experience in automotive, transportation or manufacturing industry with a strong background in Quality. Knowledgeable of all industry regulations and requirements.
- Must have knowledge with ISO 9001: 2015 and or TS 16949 standards. Auditing Certification preferred.
- Statistical Analysis knowledge and Data Analysis experience.
- Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement methodology experience preferred.
- Process/Value Stream mapping and Lean experience preferred.
- Strong communications background, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate Quality principles/ process knowledge, to include root cause analysis, structured problem solving, and continuous improvement methods.
- ASQC Certifications helpful
Other characteristics of the successful candidate:
- Very organized, detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to work independently
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
- Effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
- Able to work well with personnel from different departments, and experience levels
- When required, ability to travel domestic or international up to 50%
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Product Quality Manager with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.