Monetization Software Engineer - Advanced
Work Location: Plano, TX or Charlotte, NC or Milford, OH
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Within Cloud Services & Enablement organization at Siemens PLM, we are seeking passionate, and enthusiastic software developers to join the software teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
You will lead/guide micro teams of junior developers to take feature from requirements to delivery. Work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Self-directed work on projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
7+ years of professional experience in software development, with:
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as: Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python
- Proven track record of leading small teams of developers as a team-leader/senior-developer.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
- Understanding – web service development / micro services architecture.
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
- Experienced with cloud computing
- One or more years in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced agile development environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including senior engineers and managers.
Experience in one or more areas:
- Micro-services development using REST APIs
- Development of middleware / platforms.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing, AWS RedShift.
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .NET, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
- Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.