Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens is looking for a motivated, support-oriented, and amicable candidate. This role provides remote diagnostics and troubleshooting assistance over the phone for our field technicians and/or customer dispatched technicians working out of our Austin, TX office. Additionally, provides remote technical support for end-users at locations with installed Energy Management Systems. Typical work hours are between 7AM and 7PM however candidate must be able to work second shift and weekends when required. Additionally, there is an on-call rotation split between all team members. This individual will report to the Technical Operations Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
This position is responsible for technical analysis and troubleshooting of our EMS (energy management system), validation and configuration of new installations, supporting our clients’ third party vendors, and ensuring persistent connectivity to remote servers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High School Diploma and 3 years of technical customer service.
• Proper phone etiquette;
• Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately;
• Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
• Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
• Effective listening skills;
• Multi-tasking capabilities;
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- 2 years technical support experience preferably with electrical/HVAC energy management systems
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with Linux or other command line interfaces.
• Bachelors degree or 2 years technical support experience.
• Electrical/HVAC Energy Management Systems experience.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.