Manage supply base for total Purchase Volume of assigned Commodity in NAM. Align material strategies with our internal business partners on requirements to optimize supply chain performance focused on productivity, quality and availability. Deliver sustainable results to improve Siemens bottom & top line. This role will serve as a Commodity Manager for Plastic Parts and Resin.
• Leverage Siemens Total Purchase Volume in NAM with focus on SI LP PMU to maximize pooling opportunities
• Define commodity strategies for assigned spend considering the global sourcing strategies but tailoring them to fit the business requirements.
• Establish best in class supply-chain-management processes focused on productivity, quality and availability
• Lead a virtual/disciplinary regional Commodity team for strategy development and implementation.
• Lead supplier management in commercial issues, supplier qualification, development and overall relationship management
• Apply supply market intelligence and Commercial & Technical Levers to drive CNI
Contribution to Net Income:
• Negotiate Master Procurement Agreements; including pricing, terms & conditions, payment terms in alignment with RCM, PuC, and Location Procurement.
• Lead regional commodity team and have oversight of all CNI (PPC and MCP) projects. Drive/Monitor project progress and cost savings implementation.
• Utilize Supply Market Intelligence, Siemens Spend Pooling, and all commercial levers and technical levers to drive productivity
• RFQ of New/Existing Products, Quote & TOCO Analysis, Component Review, Sourcing Decision
• Utilization of Siemens eSourcing tools for all new business award
• Siemens Spend Data, Supply Market Intelligence, Supplier Analysis
• Develop and implement SMS with cross functional input to cover Commodity Strategies, Pooling Strategies, Supplier Strategies & Negotiation Roadmap
• SMS Update and Communication to Cross Functional Partners
• Lead Strategic Supplier Development, Communication and Implementation
Supplier Relationship Management:
• Manage relationship with all assigned suppliers. Relationship includes negotiating pricing, monitoring performance to agreed terms and conditions, and new vendor on boarding when necessary. Collaborate with key suppliers to expand knowledge of category, and identify opportunities for improvements resulting in a joint benefit to the company and supplier. Leverage supplier expertise and/or technology in an effort to harness improvements in reducing total costs. Collaborate with global commodity management and/or Product Management while optimizing company-wide buying power by reviewing the financial, quality, pricing, service, and availability level of suppliers.
• Risk Management: Develop supplier relationships resulting in optimized supply chain efficiencies and security of supply. Evaluate supplier's capabilities and capacities while implementing plans to ensure adequate supply of goods and services. Negotiate agreements with suppliers that mitigate or spread the overall risk.
• Assist and escalation in negotiations for Logistics and Shipping Agreement, including consigned inventory, vendor managed inventory
• Responsible for Overall Supplier Management and supplier relationship management. Participate in Supplier Qualification, annual supplier evaluation, & supplier development
• Ensure PVO & ESN code transparency
• Procurement Reporting of PVO, PPC, CNI, PuMA and other relevant KPI’s
What you will need:
• 8+ years of overall experience related to Supply Chain.
• Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience is required for this role.
• Prior experience demonstrating strategic commodity management will be necessary.
• Excellent verbal and communications skills
• Strong computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint.
• Successful experiences in negotiating with senior level manager.
• Demonstrated understanding of entire supply chain and cost drivers
• Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
• Cross functional/organizational project management and facilitation skills (internal and external)
• Demonstrated self-starter
• 10-15% travel required
What will set you apart from the pack:
• Experience in Siemens business systems
• CPM, CPSM certification a strong plus
• Experience with electronic purchasing tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of category management concept or strategic sourcing concepts
• Solid continuous improvement skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.