We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Our interdisciplinary and innovative R&D team defines and develops damper and valve actuators for the global market. We are responsible for the products, from the housing over the mechatronics and embedded FW up to the connectivity and system/cloud integration. We work in close partnership with product management, R&D enterprise architects and many other disciplines globally.
Your new responsibilities
In this challenging and rewarding role you will be acting as a Software Lead Designer / Systems Architect in the building automation domain within the R&D development team for valve and damper actuators. You will work at the technological forefront of smart and connected field devices utilizing current and upcoming mobile, cloud and IoT technologies. You will drive the system design aligned with R&D and business stakeholders, defining the next generation of building automation field devices.
Technology and innovation responsibilities
- Specify, design, and implement software for constraint devices according to customer workflows
- Responsible for creating system integration specifications for field device products into different eco systems based on existing or to be defined application workflows
- Selection and definition of fieldbus/wireless communication concepts in close collaboration with enterprise architects resulting in technical specifications for firmware implementation
- Elaborate and define requirements, both functional and non-functional, in cooperation with product management
- Create valve and damper actuators systems architecture in an industrial application domain for smart building automation
- Act as the technology leader for system integration of valve and damper actuators within R&D, therefore creating systems architecture and transforming these concepts into software and partly electronics specifications as well as into reference software implementations (C / C++)
- Document and communicate systems and software architecture
- Drive and govern the implementation of systems concepts
- Collaborate with teams locally as well as distributed across different R&D locations in face-to-face and remote meetings
- Inspire others and adopt a pragmatic approach
- Energize teams and implement organizational and behavioral changes; collaborate, coach, and mentor
- Create and maintain a network across product management and R&D stakeholders located in Zug Switzerland and other sites
- Based on your interests, there are many opportunities to take further responsibilities in the areas of technology, architecture and leadership
Your skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Software Developer or Systems Architect with a deep understanding of and experience in constraint devices development. He or she has a solid record in design and implementation of embedded systems devices. He or she can map business needs into systems concepts to enable new business models as well as develop technology concepts supporting these systems concepts.
- A successfully completed Bachelor’s or Master’s in electrical engineering or equivalent such as Computer Science or Automation Engineering
- A solid track record of working as a software architect/developer with practical experience in embedded software development and with fieldbus/network protocols
- Practical experience in mechatronic system development and design is a plus
- Experience in building automation domains would be ideal
- Experience with mapping system concepts into realistic technology solutions
- Ability to contribute, collaborate and give technical guidance to interdisciplinary teams
- Proven ability to clearly document and communicate concepts to all stakeholders according to their interests and concerns
- A higher level of proficiency in spoken and written English completes your personal profile; the ability to speak German is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either