At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Product Manager-Software Delivery and Analytics - SISW-EDA - 232171Job Location: United States, Cypress, California
Job Category: EngineeringProduct Manager – Software Delivery & Analytics
We are seeking a Product Manager on the Application Components and Services team.
Our team provides multiple technologies used by hundreds of DISW products for different business models: perpetual, subscription, SaaS, and PaaS. These technologies include Software Usage Analytics and Telemetry, Software Delivery, Licensing, and Licensing Compliance; and provide backend services, Big Data systems, frontend and client portals, installation programs, and development toolkits.
A successful Product Manager brings technical proficiency and software expertise, as well as strong business acumen and customer obsession. Additionally, they can define products based on customer needs, the desire to have an industry wide impact, and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company. This position requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications and user stories, coordinating efforts to scope, scheduling, deploying new feature sets, and analyzing the cost/benefit of feature selection. The Product Management role is a broad one. We need business owners who can scale in perspective from strategic vision development with direct interaction with the senior leadership team to tactical product development.Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our customers to identify unmet needs; customers include internal Siemens DI SW business segments primarily but can also include partners and other Siemens AG business units
- Work with program management and development team(s) to define solutions approaches and delivery schedules
- Define overall roadmap strategy, get buy in from relevant stakeholders and work with the team to prioritize work to deliver upon that strategy in a phased manner
- Anticipate bottlenecks, identify opportunities, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business and user needs versus technical constraints
- Clearly and effectively communicate with technical owners, product managers, and upper management
- Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput, and output quality
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Product Management
- 3+ years of software engineering/QA development and management
- Experience with an agile development context
- Familiarity with software development environment and tools, project management/collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail, including precise and effective customer communications
- Must be a flexible and creative individual capable of leading and managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, highly demanding, often ambiguous, and diverse environment with attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully drive to conclusion projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Proven strong analytical, data-driven, and problem-solving skills; a willingness and ability to operate at both higher and more detailed levels as required
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
- Unafraid to try new things or challenge the status quo
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.