Siemens EDA is one of the leading suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry and a member of the Siemens Group. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
Join our team as “Software Development Engineer / Architect (m/f/d) - Design for Test” in one of our offices in Germany.
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable software engineer to join the international R&D team developing Design-for-Test (DFT) tools as part of the Tessent product line. These sophisticated tools are a key part of the industry leading Tessent platform and are vital to our customers’ success in silicon validation of ICs. The focus will be on developing solutions for logic test in C++ on a Linux platform.
You’ll drive digital innovation by:
You will be responsible for designing and implementing software products and features. This includes design, writing specifications, planning, schedule estimation, implementation, and detailed testing. Challenges include the ability to develop complete and efficient solutions within a large and complex code base and integrate them with existing products. High efficiency, outstanding problem-solving skills, and the ability to architect and implement high-quality and maintainable software are key. Equally crucial for success are strong collaboration and communication skills, self-drive, and a positive can-do attitude.
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS/PhD. in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or another related field. BS degree will be considered if coupled with extensive C++ development experience
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, computer science principals, complex algorithm designs, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills within large and international teams
- Basic knowledge of digital logic design
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Strong ability to learn, explore and innovate with new technologies
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Background in DFT is a strong plus
- Experience with the industry standards like IEEE 1687/1149 is a big plus
- Knowledge in hardware description languages: VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog
- Experience in using or developing EDA tools
- Experience with software development on Linux, and development tools such as Git
- Programming in scripting language Tcl
- Experience working on large sized software development projects
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Apply today and benefit soon from our numerous employee benefits. You can find an initial overview here: our benefits
At Siemens we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please submit your application documents via the button "Apply".
Your contact person is Felix Held, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
Siemens / Mentor support the Program “Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. We emphasize equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time