Senior / Manufacturing / Process Engineers - Oxfordshire
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced manufacturing engineer / process engineer to join our innovative manufacturing engineering team at Siemens Healthineers Magnet Technology.
Due to expansion, we are looking for experienced process engineers / manufacturing engineers to join us (at various stages of career development) to develop new processes and equipment to enable our new product introduction (NPI) Program.
We offer our engineers a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Ownership of the manufacturing processes within one of our three manufacturing process areas.
- Working with the engineers and the operations team to jointly manage quality, productivity and output.
- Solving manufacturing problems to resolve internal and external process issues and maintain our zero-harm culture in the process.
- Developing and implementing new processes and manufacturing equipment to enable our new product and continuous improvement agendas.
- Developing new product processes from the conception stage, through prototyping and into product launch and volume manufacture.
- Managing capital investment and infrastructure projects, from functional specification creation, through vendor selection, commissioning and manufacturing release.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist in the development of graduate engineers.
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on process engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
What we are looking for:
- A Degree in Engineering, Science, manufacturing (or related subject) or an extensive equivalent experience
- Substantial and varied technical experience in manufacturing / process engineering
- Experience in taking the lead on process improvement / CAPEX projects
- Good track record of personally implementing substantial improvement activities within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Experienced in the use of tools to facilitate effective problem solving within a lean environment
- If you have excellent communication skills, can effectively manage and solve a wide range of complex technical issues, we would love to hear from you.
Your personality and skills:
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal effectively with a wide range of complex technical issues and develop cross functional relationships.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
About us and what we can offer
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
At our Oxford site we offer a subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme and company contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits (including dental).
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and strong commuter links to the surrounding area.
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time