Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We are looking for Lead Design Engineer Pneumatic Piping (Car Body) who will be part of our Rolling Stock Engineering team
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Your new job will take you to the engineering department for pneumatic line routing on our state-of-the-art high-speed and regional trains.
• You will integrate the piping for compressed air and develop the necessary components.
• You will also develop sanding and wheel flange lubrication systems.
• You develop weight- and cost-optimized solutions and coordinate these with the departments involved.
• You will also support new designs and solutions in the event of deviations in production.
• You implement tasks and projects in a deadline and cost-oriented manner and review and present the work results.
• Furthermore, you provide technical support to internal and external colleagues and supervise subcontractors in the production of your designs.
• You work closely with interface partners within the engineering department, as well as sales and procurement.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
• You have a degree in mechanical engineering or comparable. Additional training in e.g. precision engineering is an advantage.
• You have several years of professional experience in engineering in the vehicle construction/plant business, ideally in rail vehicle construction.
• You have profound knowledge in mechanical design and materials engineering (focus on metal).
• Expert knowledge in the field of pneumatics is an advantage.
• You are always decisive and assertive in your work, especially when communicating with interface partners, manufacturing and external suppliers.
• You have very good Creo and SAP knowledge.
• You have very good written and spoken English or German skills, additional language skills are an advantage.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.