Siemens EDA is the longest standing Electronic Design Automation company in the world and over the last 30 years has amassed the finest technology portfolio in the business. Our software tools span the full breadth of semiconductor and electrical systems solutions including integrated circuit design and verification, PCB design & manufacturing solutions, cable harness design tools, and embedded software.
Siemens EDA has an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Build and Infrastructure Group for their flagship Calibre product. The group works on multiple areas of the SDLC including Source code management, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up and maintaining infrastructure both on-prem and on the cloud, licensing, clearing OSS, build and release managementPosition Overview:
Qualified candidate will work with marketing, QA, R&D and field engineering teams to identify requirements for product licensing. Ensure you plan and communicate with Release Management on deliverable's. Monitor infrastructure that you maintain.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Technical degree (minimum BS) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ year’s meaningful experience working in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive, relevant experience with Linux operating systems.
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages (e.g. C++, bash, Python, Perl).
The candidate should possess solid software engineering skills, including experience with:
- Maintaining high-availability production systems and large integrated systems is highly desired.
- Retrofitting solutions into already established workflows and development methodologies.
- The candidate must exhibit a service-oriented demeanor and be able to work optimally with a world-wide, multi-site development environment.
- The candidate should have a strong desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills are key attributes, including the ability to investigate, isolate and remedy software defects.
- This position requires excellent communication and teamwork skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work constructively and efficiently on a team, as well as alone, is essential.
- This position requires the ability to complete assignments on schedule and present results.
- The candidate should be inventive, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.