Performance Engineer for Industrial Compressors
Place of work
Bratislava IV, Bratislava
From 1900 € brutto /month + variable bonus
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Task and competences:
Identification of energy savings in compressor systems using modelling, simulation and machine learning techniques.
Generating comprehensive analysis of compressor systems and communicating this analysis in well written reports and presentations.
Strong understanding of industrial compressed air systems and their operating parameters.
- Auto Sequencing controls
- Network sequencing
- Pressure Band controls
Capable of identifying improvements to compressor systems and understanding the full impact of any changes made.
Hands on experience in data analysis using python/R/MATLAB/julia and time series data sets and communicating the analytical results.
Familiar with the techniques used in mathematical modelling and simulation of industrial systems and an understanding of discrete event simulation.
Existing knowledge on Machine Learning and/or a keen interest in data science topics as they relate to solving engineering problems.
Engages with end customers and with internal communication partners
Supports training activities for local team
- Minimum 3 years industrial operations / consulting or related experience, working with Compressed Air Systems and other industrial machines
- Knowledge of the theory and operation of Compressed Air Systems and their control systems
- Ability to solve technical problems self reliantly
· Good knowledge about discrete event simulation
· Basic knowledge in Machine learning
- Basic programming skills in python/R/MATLAB/Julia or another high-level language
· Candidate needs to have pro-active attitude and be willing to enhance his capabilities
· Technical overview in IT systems
· Presentation skills and ability to communicate technical information.
Nice to have skills:
- Machine learning
English - Upper intermediate (B2)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
• Successful, stable, but innovative company, which makes real impact
• Newest technologies, all projects runs in agile methodology (we use SAFe)
• Great team (hard to explain in words, let`s meet us and see )
• We support trainings, cerfications and development internally and externally with individual approach based on your needs and requests. We attend also international conferences (e.g. AWS)
• Flexible working hours
• 2 days of home office per week
• 3 Sick days per year
• Bridge days (additional paid leave to our legal vacation allowance) from 4 to 9 days per year
• Sick leave compensation to 100% of salary – 20 days p.a.
• Cafeteria system - Benefit plus
• Work-life balance – stable quartal planning cyclus
• Childbirth bonus, maternity leave bonus, work anniversary present
• Additional pension savings (3. pilier)
• Team building program - offsite meeting, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
• Siemens Share Matching Program
• Employee`s loans
• Referral program
• Company free parking
• Discount of monthly fee from our telecom provider for employees and their family member
Company: Siemens s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time