Together we are driving Austria forward We electrify, automate and digitalize:
Our employees make real what matters.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
· You are responsible for an engineering team of approx 25 people located in Vienna, Austria. Further international collaboration Siemens internal and external has to be managed on demand.
· You are leading a department consisting of three teams, technical bid management, system integration and industrial design.
· The Metro Engineering is organized in a matrix organization manner.Your department is looking after the Engineering Bid Activities. Your Technical Bid Management team, which is part of the Metro Engineering, is responsible to coordinate the overall engineering bid activities.
· The technical vehicle concept to be offered to the customer is developed within your System Integration team. Based on this overall vehicle concept the component responsible experts (staffed by the so called component responsible experts of the matrix organization) develop the component concepts.
· The Industrial Design Team is in charge of the aesthetic appearance of the vehicle for both exterior and interior. The team’s main task is to develop an attractive customer-related design, which is beneficial from part’s cost and manufacturing/assembly point of view.
· Your team is in close collaboration with other Siemens Metro entities like Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales department.
· In detail you are responsible for the elaboration of the technical proposals, including the tasks:
o Clause by clause assessment of the technical customer specifications.
o Definition of technical vehicle concept.
o Elaboration of the engineering bid time schedule and supporting the time scheduler in preparing the project execution time schedule.
o Elaboration of the technical offer documents, e.g. vehicle description.
o Estimation of the engineering efforts estimation for the project execution phase. Your team contributes to the cost calculation for the overall vehicle and is closely collaborating with procurement colleagues in these regards.
o Leading the EN-Bid-Process, managing the associated milestones, preparation of the engineering input for the overall Limit of Authority process in order to obtain the management approval to submit the bid to the customer.
· You drive continuous improvement and productivity within the own scope, share best practices and lessons learned across metro segment and BU.
· University degree on engineering or comparable
· More than 10 years engineering experience preferably with rolling stock products, metro trains
· More than 5 years experience in leading engineering teams
· Experience shall cover a multitude of related engineering areas to ensure a comprehensive understanding of overall vehicle topics.
· Experience in cost optimization projects
· Experience in managing collaboration with partners, both internally and as well externally
What else should I know?
The gross annual payment for this job vacancy is at least EUR 90.000,00 (full-time). Siemens as an international company offers additional social benefits.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, we are looking forward to receiving your representative online application!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Austria GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time