The Siemens Mobility and Transport division provides integrated mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics transport. For the efficient transportation of passengers and goods, we combine specialization in automation and electrification by road and rail, rail vehicles, turnkey systems, consulting and consumer services.
We are looking for a “Communications Engineer” (m/f/d):
Main tasks to be performed by the COMMS system engineer:
• Development of system technical specifications.
• Development of system architectures and integration with 3rd parties’ systems.
• Technical interface with customers and other contractors.
• Realization of testing and commissioning works onsite.
• Network troubleshooting for wired and wireless systems both.
• Technical support to systems once into operation after commissioning.
The candidate should prove technical skills and experience in the following activities and knowledge fields:
• Roll-out of communication networks (Gigabit Ethernet, SDH, MPLS, etc.).
• Roll-out of radiocommunication systems (specially GSM-R, TETRA and IEEE 802.11-based).
• Valuable to possess some network vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Hirschmann HiRS/HiBS/HiWP, etc.).
• Onsite testing and commissioning.
• Network Troubleshooting (wireshark)
It is important also to have:
• Good availability for travelling.
• Weekend and night shifts work sporadic availability.
• Good English skills, both spoken and written.
• Good command for the project technical documentation.
• Experience of 2 years at least.
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most