Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Traffic Engineer for our Intelligent Traffic Management business. Due to the flexible nature of these roles, we would be open to considering applicants located throughout the UK and Northern Ireland.
Our Team and what we do
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility. Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is the market leading road technology business in the UK. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner.
We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering to our customers. At ITS we offer a wide range of products, systems and services to enhance and improve the world’s traffic and travel issues. From the world’s first deployment of a Clean Air Zone, to innovative signal control through our ground-breaking Sitraffic FUSION software and the design, installation and maintenance of Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Siemens ITS has been at the forefront of technology for decades. We continue to innovate and grow, so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology.
Within ITS, Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
Purpose of the role
This is a dynamic, customer facing role where you will take full responsibility for the delivery of a range of traffic engineering projects including traffic signal design, Clean Air Zone site layouts and UTC configuration. You will be responsible for these projects throughout the full project life cycle.
This role will require close working with other parts of the CS team providing design assistance across a range of disciplines.
What will be my key Responsibilities?
- Provide assistance to CS team on a range of projects
- Deliver smaller traffic engineering projects in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice.
- Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects.
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications.
- Preparation of consultancy/design quotations.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- To have or be working towards an HNC/HND/Degree in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant equivalent experience.
- Experience of using CAD drawing packages in 2D such as AutoCAD is preferred but not essential.
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time