Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The lead Project Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the detailed planning and composition of the rail systems’ time schedule, measuring progress, preparation of progress reports, critical path analysis and determining delay recovery measures.
- Responsibility for the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the integrated bid / project time schedule
- Preparation of a comprehensive overall project time schedule incorporating civil and rail systems, and providing guidance and expertise for the development of relevant sub-schedules
- Prepares detailed rolling schedules, integrated schedules, and progress reports
- Preparation of comprehensive monthly progress reports for the client, e.g. time schedule deviation analysis, MTAs, S-curves, variance report, critical path report, resources, etc.
- Controlling to meet target dates in the different technical disciplines in conjunction with consortium partners and develop mitigation and acceleration measures
- Forensic analysis of events to support claim defense and claim preparation
- Develop S-curve, dashboards, daily report, and executive reports
- Develop 4 weeks lookahead and explain the critical path
- Alert the team with any delay or risk which might affect the schedule completion
What you will need to succeed?
- Relevant degree in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering)-
- Minimum eight years of experience as a Project Scheduler
- Minimum eight years of experience with P6 schedule tools including resource load
- Experience in the mass transit railway transportation is a must
- Knowledge of project management principles for project execution
- In depth knowledge of planning the construction a large infrastructure project, desirable with specific detailed planning experience of construction of rail systems
- Fully conversant in the use of the following: Ms Project with resource chart, Primavera scheduling tool latest version, including resources and cost module loaded and Tilos presentation
- Risk analysis with MonteCarlo simulation is great asset
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.