Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We are currently looking for a CAD & Documentation Engineer to join our Rolling Stock business in Northampton. Our teams of talented engineers are enhancing the safety of the UK railways ensuring that all of our passenger trains meet safety requirements across the UK and you could be part of it.
As CAD & Documentation Engineer, you will update and maintain technical drawings, schematics and documentation to reflect configuration status of Siemens UK rolling stock fleets. Establish procedural controls for update and re-issue of CAD design mechanical drawings and electrical schematics. You will support maintenance teams, engineers and designers with the provision of design and drawing information in fault investigation and product development.
This is your role – what part will you play?
- Establish IT infrastructure and software configurations for handling relevant mechanical and electrical design formats.
- Manage arrangements for transfer of information and ownership from Siemens AG product design teams
- Work systematically with UK and Siemens AG support engineers, designers and Technical Managers to confirm current configuration status of rolling stock fleets.
- Update and release drawing and schematic updates to relevant company, industry or national standards following ongoing modifications and upgrades
- Update and release product technical documentation to necessary stakeholders in support of the engineering change management process
What qualifications and skills do you need?
- Proven experience and aptitude for use of proprietary 2D & 3D mechanical CAD packages, in particular PROEngineer / Wildfire
- Proven experience and aptitude for use of proprietary electrical CAD packages, in particular ElCAD
- Knowledge of the UK or European rail industry is preferred but not essential
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse information effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- German language would be advantageous
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time