Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure as the Country Business Unit Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
In this role you will be responsible for our electrical grid control, protection, smart metering and digital substation applications, in a growing market in Kuwait.
We are seeking a Local Business Unit Manager to lead and drive the Business Unit; Digital Grid (SI DG EA) in Kuwait. The Siemens Digital Grid business is built on a long history of customer relationship, expertise and technology, coupled with the global reach and brand strength of Siemens.
The Siemens environment is very multifaceted, balancing multiple opportunities across Kuwait. The Head of Siemens’ Digital Grid business will join and lead a creative and highly engaged leadership team with high degree of results-oriented autonomy, under the CEO of Siemens Qatar / Kuwait and the regional Lead country UAE.
As a Business Unit (BU) Head, you will be responsible for the overall management and Profit / Loss of the Business Unit in the country of Kuwait, including overall management direction for the operations of the business, implementing business unit strategies, long and short term business plans to improve market share and to build up the vital proficiencies and improving synergies with other business units. It is crucial that you can validate that you can lead the traditional protection and control business of today, but equally look at the ‘e’ and smart system requirements of the customer for tomorrow.Responsibility
- Business : Plan, lead and drive the business unit to achieve the financial business targets agreed with Headquarter / Lead Country Business Unit Management; This will include drawing up and agreeing Business Target Agreements (BTAs) for the local Business Unit and New order planning in compliance with the Business Unit regulations
- Strategy : Develop local business strategy for the Siemens Digital Grid business in Kuwait, aligned with the lead country Business Unit Management and ensure implementation. This strategy could include defining target markets / segments and/or develop specific approaches to enter / grow in these market segments. Strong focus must be placed on the development of the existing and future in-house developed applications. Crucial that you agree with SI DG in Qatar and UAE to utilize any ‘lessons learnt’, application ideas and for general support
- Products : Show knowledge of the product portfolio and full understanding of the Kuwait market, customer needs and partner activity, and use this knowledge to plan and forecast realistic sales and marketing activities to achieve business targets; Maintaining the sales database, ensuring the quality of market data and trends. Consistent, realistic and clear monthly planning and forecasting is a must
- Pricing : Monitor price strategy / pricing guidelines in Kuwait in accordance with SI DG worldwide price guidelines / strategies
- Marketing : Suggest and implement any marketing initiatives, including ‘roll-out’ of new products launches in accordance with headquarter guidelines, and demonstrate the efficiency of any marketing initiatives. Suggest / realize adaptation of products to local market needs in accordance with headquarter guidelines
- Sales : Assessment and development of the regional sales proficiencies, in particular for your team, and ensure active employee engagement through development, training and in-house initiatives
- Compliance : Ensure strict adherence to compliance and business conduct guidelines, and other business processes throughout the organization
- Your Qualifications And Skills – Digital And Solid!
- University Degree (technical), preferably in electrical Engineering
- 8 plus years of validated experience; in electrical projects / sub-stations / electrical grids / smart grids
- 5 years demonstrated ability in a Management role
- Very strong sales mentality, preferably including experience in Sales
- A pro-active nature and good communication skills
- A person who will work with local peer group managers and demonstrate collaboration with other Managers and Business Units
- Proficient business spoken and written English - Arabic would be an advantage
- Middle East experience would be preferred
- Experience in functional management of a large Team, preferably multicultural
- Experience in electrical low / medium / high voltage sub-stations
- Experience in Project Management / Project execution
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industrial Business Co. For Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Contracting WLL
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time