We are looking for a highly motivated software quality engineer to work on Calibre’s Design For Manufacturing software in the Design to Silicon business unit. You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. Quality assurance responsibilities will span different software tools including computation engines, application software, APIs, and utilities. You will own the design, development, and execution of application specific functional and regression tests used to measure the quality, robustness, performance, supportability, and usefulness of DFM Fill products in our customer's semiconductor flows. You will collaborate with a senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that provide value to our customers. You will provide stakeholders with appropriate regression reports in a timely manner as well as develop necessary artifacts, scripts, or tools that improve the overall job effectiveness and efficiency.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS/ MS. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Software quality assurance expertise and process knowledge is required
• 2-5+ years of experience with automating and maintaining regression test suites
• Must have strong skills in shell scripting and interpreted software languages (Perl, Tcl/Tk, or Python)
• Prior experience with UNIX and/or LINUX platforms is necessary.
• An understanding of IC physical design, layout, and verification tools is highly desired
• Individuals with a strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are preferred.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them in a dynamic environment will go far towards contributing to your success
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Ltd, Taiwan Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time