Advanta Development Europe Turkey Simulation is a Software R&D Group in Ankara ODTÜ Teknokent. This group brings together the fields of utility network planning, simulation, analysis and network model management with the PSS® Product Suite (PSS® power system simulation and modeling software) and SIGUARD® Product Suites. Grid Simulation mainly employs new ways throughout the different fields of application in order to build proficient software solutions and products. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Senior Software Development Engineer (Java).
Senior Software Development Engineer (Java) is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing SIGUARD®DSA software product according to guidance given by “Power Technologies International (PTI) – Protection, Operation & Control (POC)” consultancy team in Erlangen, Germany. The candidate directly reports to local manager, plus functionally collaborate with the local and global product responsible person.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Developing and maintaining SIGUARD®DSA software product under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an Agile environment according to SAFe framework,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 3 years’ hands on development experience in complex software development projects,
- Proficient in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software development principles,
- Proficient on software development with Java (especially with recent Java versions),
- Proficient understanding of Java EE and Spring Framework,
- Experience in Web Application development:
- Backend with microservices developed with Java
- Application servers (e.g. JBOSS Wildfly)
- Frontend with Java Swing and/or Angular 2+
- Experience in defining, developing and maintaining Web Services via REST Web APIs
- Experience in client-server messaging via JMS (i.e. Jakarta Messaging),
- Experience in working with Relational Databases:
- Data modeling
- JPA implementation (via Hibernate)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience in design and development of distributed systems,
- Knowledge of high performance computing,
- Expertise in Spring Framework especially Spring Boot,
- Knowledge of message brokers such as Apache Kafka,
- Test Driven Development and testing approaches,
- Running project builds and reporting via Maven usage,
- Managing database versions via Liquibase,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts and tools such as Jenkins,
- Experience in UI design and usability concepts,
- Experience in cyber security,
- Knowledge of Energy Distribution and Transmission networks
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily..
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time