Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
This opportunity provides flexibility in location either in Lisbon (Portugal) or Madrid (Spain). Your preferred location will be asked during your applicationAs a Data Scientist you will:
- Assess and translate complex Cyber Defense requirements into Data Science use cases
- Deploy operate Cyber Defense Data Science use cases on top of the Big Data Analytics platform
- Assess and translate functional and operational requirements into detailed architecture
- Operate a Big Data streaming/real-time/batch environment
- Build and architect a next-generation Big Data Analytics framework on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Build automation tools to monitor the platform
- Build automation tools to deploy and monitor Cyber Defense Use Cases software
- Integrate sophisticated forensic tools as well as Data Science tools
- Interface with external entities in an operational environment
- Perform advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- BS/BA in related subject area or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 2-5 years of successful work experience with multiple years in a related field or proven theoretical understanding of Data Science, DevOps and cloud-based systems. Successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Extensive background in Data Science, Machine Learning and Statistics
- Experience with Data Science frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn,
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), e.g. BERT, GPT-2
- Proven skills in programming languages, e.g. Python, Scala
- Experiences with Linux, Windows
- Experience with data engineering, ingestion and integration frameworks, e.g. Amazon Kinesis/Firehose, Amazon EMR, Kafka, Flink
- Experiences with Amazon SageMaker and Elastic Inference
- AWS Certification degree is a plus, e.g. AWS Solution Architect, AWS Developer
- Proven track record to train and guide colleagues
- Proficient in written and spoken English (including security terminology) combined with good interpersonal skills and attention to details.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and multifaceted environment.
Whether in the field of Industry, Smart Infrastructure or Energy: Digitalization is simplifying many facets of life. Therefore, we need to handle the associated risks caused through Cyber-criminals.
“Making an impact that matters”, that’s the motto we live by. We at Siemens are continuously pushing the boundaries of sectors such as the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud technologies. However, with such digital innovations come unexpected security challenges and vulnerabilities, thus growing the risk of cyberattacks.
We’re looking for forward-thinking, results-oriented game-changers like you to join our team of specialists. Together let’s build ground breaking security solutions and infrastructures that protect our data and the digital assets of our customers. Help us seek tomorrow’s challenges today!
Join us! Together we can make our digital world more secure.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Do you want to know more about Cybersecurity at Siemens? www.siemens.com/cybersecurity
Curious about our Cybersecurity hubs? The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 digital minds including the Cybersecurity team, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out#cybersecurity #CTCYS #ITSEC #DigitalMinds #ITMakesUsMove #LxTechHub
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time