Position: Advanced Product Engineer – Power Integrity and Reliability Analysis
Siemens EDA seeks a highly motivated technologist with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the IC design and manufacturing industry. This latest addition to our world class team will support the creation and market introduction of new solutions in the Power Integrity product line focusing on the area of power analysis and reliability signoff.
This Advanced Product Engineer position plays an important role in the success of Siemens EDA’s customers as they design the state-of-the-art IC products which push the limits of technical complexity, time to market and silicon processes. This person will have the opportunity to work with semiconductor foundries and R&D to solve technical challenges in the areas of high frequency designs, deep sub-micron technology, low power and reliability. S/he will have the opportunity to explore different design complexity, various application domains, and multiple advanced process geometry nodes. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as a technical liaison and being recognized as a go-to person for Siemens EDA’s power integrity and reliability analysis methodologies.
• Validate and improve analysis flow and verification methodology. Assist efficiently with further deployment of the core technology.
• Develop and execute foundry’s technology enablement and certification plans. Prioritize and manage foundries’ feedback or requests on product enhancements.
• Create comprehensive, detailed requirement documents for feasible solution plans. Follow through on these plans with R&D based on clear objectives and milestones.
• Help in user’s guide or white paper documentation. Develop tutorial/training material and deliver product training to internal staff or external customers. • Engage proactively with internal and external ecosystem partners in realizing the power integrity and reliability analysis product differentiation that result in tangible revenue impact.
• Facilitating efficient and clear communication among the various stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field is required. MS degree is highly preferred.
• Must have at least 4 years of relevant experience in the semiconductor IC design or EDA industry.
• Strong knowledge and experience with a combination of the following areas is required: on-die PDN design and verification,
IR drop, power grid/rail strength, power integrity, electro-migration, parasitic extraction, static timing analysis, cell characterization, and circuit simulation.
• Must have thorough understanding in EDA software development and the entire product release cycle.
• Extensive experience with industry leading power integrity and reliability tools is highly desired.
• Professional experience in SoC level or IP block level physical design, implementation and verification at leading edge nodes is a big plus.
• Demonstrate strong experience with script programming, Tcl, Perl, Python, shell, …, etc.
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems is a must.
• Must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities, and strong communication skills.
• Experience of leading or directing new product feature development, from concept/prototype to production release is
• Ability of managing multiple projects simultaneously while collaborating cross-functional teams all over the globe.
• Proven team work skills.
• Willingness to travel.
Job Qualifications* (maximum 3,315 characters)