Reporting to the Production Supervisor the Materials Controller is responsible for ensuring that the correct materials for the relevant production area are ordered / available on time to support delivery. The Materials ordering will be automated via SAP / Supply Chain, the Materials Controller will monitor this process and intervene to ensure that the right materials are ordered and available at the right point in time.
What are my responsibilities?
- Liaise with Production Engineering to generate a Bill of Materials from the estimate for projects ensuring the BOM is captured correctly in the ERP system
- Maintain the Bill of Materials ensuring changes are monitored and captured
- Ensure ERP correctly orders materials at the appropriate point in the project
- Liaise with buyers and supply chain to ensure delivery schedule is maintained and remedy any logistical problems arising
- Ensure that all materials ordered have the correctly identified part number
- Ensure that scheduled materials ordering via ERP meets the projects need
- Updating Bill of Material details from design outputs ensure updated versions from design
- Liaise with other Departments and Engineering staff to control the process of project material variations / change also assist with the control of free -issued project materials
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Good understanding of railway based products and materials (essential)
- Proven track record of within Supply Chain function (essential)
- Ability to communicate at any level (essential)
- Able to communicate relevant information to those who need to know – e.g. Managers, Project Leaders, Quality and Safety Engineers and colleagues (essential)
- Competent and conversant with both SAP Systems / Microsoft Office
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time