Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of Engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our internship programme differs from others. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your engineering career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on your intern programme whilst taking part in our phenomenal intern development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Fault find Electronic products to component level.
- Implement design changes to test equipment and test methods as a result of product changes.
- Collaborate with the Product design team to resolve technical problems and raise Engineering changes.
- Hardware design and specification of measuring instruments, test fixtures and cable harnesses.
- Interpret equipment specifications and circuit diagrams to develop comprehensive test solutions.
- Resolve manufacturing problems in a timely manner.
- Investigate and evaluate test equipment improvements resulting in an increase in test equipment reliability or efficiency.
- Introducing quality improvements to achieve ‘Right First Time’ standards.
- Ability to design test equipment within the necessary time scales of the project plan, write the test methods and train the technicians on the use of the equipment.
- Be an active part of the New Product Introduction team to introduce electronic based products into the market place.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Working towards qualifiication to degree level or equivalent in manufacturing or electronic/electrical engineering.
- Experience in Test engineering of electrical and electronics products.
- Experience in Mechanical engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with varying levels of technical staff and customers.
- Good team working skills.
- PC literate and proficient in using Microsoft Office packages, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of Labview, Teststand and in Dos Basic programming language.
- Able to work to targets and time-scales
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the internship development programme www.siemens.co.uk/interns will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of (insert discipline). Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time