Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for Engineering? Are you ready to take your next steps in the world of Research and Development? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we.
We believe our summer placement programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes, start your engineering career with us at Siemens Mobility Limited!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business. Do you have what it takes?
The Railways in the UK are being modernised; taking huge leaps forward in technology with a view to revolutionising the way railways are controlled in the future.
By joining Siemens Research & Development Department on a Summer Placement you could make steps to include yourself in this exciting future, get to know us from the inside, develop your natural talents on the job – and work at the cutting edge of engineering.
With unprecedented level of investment, there has never been a better time to gain experience in the rail industry.
As part of your role you will also take part in our phenomenal development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
Here is what you can make a difference in;
- Work closely in a team getting to know our business and our impact on society through hands-on assignments.
- Assisting in delivering R&D project objectives at various phases in the project lifecycle
- Developing knowledge and skills in one or more of the following R&D functional areas:
- Project Management
- Formal Test Automation,Software and Systems/Requirement Engineering
- Quality Process and RAMSS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety & Security)
- Electro-mechanical, Electronics & Firmware
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You are studying an engineering, software or technology based subject.
- Write clear and succinct reports
- Capture data in spreadsheets
- Show compliance with standards and requirements
- Understand and be able to explain complex security issues
- Communicate well with others
What else I need to know
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of railway engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum (pro rata). We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time