Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of HR? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
An exciting opportunity for a 12-month internship with the HR team supporting Siemens Mobility Limited is currently available. This role will be based in Poole, Dorset.
As an intern, you will support the department through varied challenges and opportunities, gaining valuable experience and supporting Siemens Mobility Limited in the execution of HR projects to support the business strategy. You will carry out specific projects as defined by the HR Business Partners within Siemens Mobility Limited.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in HR.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Take part in our Siemens Intern Development Programme (IDP) where you will be provided with the opportunity to develop your skills through training modules
- Gain an understanding of the specific business units including their goals, vision, services, departments, customers and supply chain
- Take ownership for allocated tasks and projects and complete them to the best of your ability
- Demonstrate your learning, recommendations and progress, which will give you an opportunity to develop your profile in the business
- Actively seek opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge in preparation for future graduate opportunities
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in a Business or HR related degree
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach, have excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
- You will need to be confident in making decisions, using your own initiative and taking responsibility for tasks and projects to which you are assigned.
- You will be able to manage your time effectively and respond to change in a positive manner.
- You will possess good analytical skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- You will have an interest in project management
- You will have the energy and drive to succeed, be committed to excellence and be innovative in your thinking.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of HR. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time