An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our operations team within Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure (Electrification), in Coventry.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
The Rail Electrification business supplies electrification and electrification upgrades and renewals as a turnkey business, providing our clients with a single supplier from design through to handover for their electrification schemes. We also operate with other major businesses and clients across the region, as well as in more traditional delivery models.
We have earned a respected reputation in the industry which has developed because of our success in delivering to our customers. In addition, we are leading the way within the railway industry in developing the next generation of rail technology such as introducing the Static Var Compensator and Static Frequency Converter, so this is a great time to join the business in the development of a new, exciting technology and solutions.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This is a dynamic role and you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of your contracts reporting directly to the Regional Commercial Manager and have responsibility for budgeting, and cost control through to final account over an extensive and varied work bank.
This role demands developed communication and interpersonal skills as you will collaborate with teams across the business, and within client organisations, to understand and deliver solutions to our customers. These same skills will need to be deployed internally to provide monthly reporting to the Senior Management Team in line with the Siemens processes and requirements.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with customers and suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance.
- Ensure that business and delivery team fully understand the requirements and philosophy of the individual contracts being delivered.
- Advise and implement appropriate commercial arrangements to control and forecast costs and value in line with the Siemens requirements.
- Support the projects budget holders so that they can make informed decisions on the basis of transparent cost capture, forecasting and earned value utilising robust commercial management and practices.
- Be accountable for the establishment, maintaining and monitoring of contemporaneous records to provide support any variations.
- Forecast financial/schedule impact assessments for proposed change and carry out cost impact analysis of instructed changes to scope/schedule.
- Negotiate final accounts with clients and suppliers.
- Maintain and assure the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Maintain and assure the records and other documentation that relate to the Works in accordance with good commercial practices, standards and procedures
- Prepare monthly performance reports.
- Support the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Degree or HND/C from a relevant field
- Experience in the commercial delivery of complex programmes of works.
- A work winning attitude is required which should involve lateral thinking for meeting the client’s needs and the business KPI’s
- Good communications skills both up and down the business structure, verbal and written.
- Commercially aware and financially astute.
- Understand cost control indicators.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements and philosophy construction contracts.
- The ability to manage your own and the team’s tasks through to conclusion.
- A proactive and solutions-based approach to management reporting and problem solving.
- Suitable proficiency in general IT packages.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Annual, business performance related, bonus
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time