Finance and Commercial Executive – LDA UK
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Large Drives Applications business as a Finance and Commercial Executive and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Large Drives Applications (LDA). A growing business with real opportunities for progression and a chance to show entrepreneurial initiative.
LDA is recruiting for a Finance and Commercial Executive to work in their team in Manchester reporting and to the Head of Finance and Commercial LDA – UK to:
(a) provide excellent analysis and reporting of business performance ensuring timely and accurate information to support management decision making.
(b) provide commercial/contractual support both pre and post contract to the sales and operations teams respectively.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Analysis - Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual as well as ad hoc analysis of the P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow to support decision making in the business.
- Reporting – Preparation of financial and other key business metrics at the highest quality in line with given timelines.
- Forecast – Monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are prepared capturing all future business developments.
- Month-end process – a key player in the month-end process ensuring the month-end results are completed in a timely manner of the highest quality in line with accounting guidelines.
- Ensure the financial data reported in Esprit and Dash is accurate and consistent with SAP and reflect current reporting requirements of the depth structures, giving transparency to the financial reporting.
- Financial Guidelines – Interpretation of financial guidelines, ensuring they are adapted and understood within the organisation.
- Working Capital Management – review key balance sheet positions and work with key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure cash is optimised.
- RIC Officer - Act as Risk and Internal Control Officer ensuring that a robust control framework is maintained and kept up to date with business changes.
- Ensure data integrity and consistency of data across all SAP modules.
- Review/Comment upon/Negotiate, Customer and Supplier terms and conditions in line with LOA process.
- Own the LOA process
- Control of Currency Hedging
What you need to make real what matters.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating business contracts (MF/1, NEC3 etc.)
- Experience presenting to an HQ Leadership team
- Autonomous with the ability to take on responsibility / ownership for processes and actively drive towards results.
- Ability to work closely with all disciplines within the business and explain financial data to non finance professionals.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Working knowledge of ESPRIT and DASH would be advantageous but not essential.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organised, and capable of organising others
- Passionate about business success
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time