Siemens' Roebuck location is looking for a Lead System Engineer for MES, this person is responsible for the execution and leadership of technology implementations within a very large factory. Digitalization is a primary focus for our operations, and this role is at the front of the effort, delivering capabilities that transform business processes, create value, and develop a more digitally oriented workforce.
You will work closely with a cross section of external and internal partners/customers... including manufacturing, technology, engineering, finance, procurement, and business management. Focus is ensuring each technology deployed meets the customer goals.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Software Installation\Configuration\Troubleshooting
- Monitoring and management of MES systems
- Incidents/Change Requests
- User Training
- Applying Patches and Upgrades
- Integrations with enterprise systems.
What you will need:
1. 3-5 years of total experience (IT and/or Eng).
Application Installation and Local Security Policy Configuration expertise.
- Windows 7 & 10 PC
- Windows Server 2012
2. Minimum 2 years in a technical lead/lead contributor role with documented business results.
3. Familiarity working with large PLM and/or MES applications (Manufacturing Execution Systems) and their user communities is a plus.
- CAM solutions (ex: Optimation, MetaCAM, etc…)
- MES solutions (ex: Dynamic Machine Management, Siemens OpCenter)
- PLM solutions (ex: Siemens Teamcenter)
- Cloud-based platforms (ex: Siemens Mindsphere)
4. Exposure of PLCs and/or robotics.
5. Familiarity with 3D CAD systems (ex: Creo, NX, etc…)
6. Design-for-Manufacturability and Lean Manufacturing exposure.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication.
8. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Engineer-to-Order environment experience.
2. Working knowledge of SAP.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.