Role: Senior Software Engineer
With our innovative and integrated technology, we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Software Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high-speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experienced researchers, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
We make real what matters
- If you are someone who aspires to design and implement scalable, distributed and resilient backend systems, we might just have a right position for you.
- This position is with the most preferred meter data management system EnergyIP®. You will be working with advanced feature of programming language. Reading and debugging the open source software will be just like another day in the office.
- You get to work as part of an awesome, collaborative and talented team that takes pride in building a useful and elegant product. We partner with Product Management, UX designers, Product Support, Product Implementation, Product Testing and Documentation teams to continuously build a better experience for our customers.
- A Senior Software Engineer contributes to the design, development, support and maintenance of various components of EnergyIP® product. Works as an independent contributor and actively participates in the design process with the leads and architects. Requires good knowledge in Core Java and related technologies. Takes full ownership of assigned EnergyIP® components/applications.
- Write Unit test cases for the components developed
- Integration testing of the components developed with other EnergyIP® product components, if required.
- Bug fixes / Maintenance of the components developed as well as any other components of EnergyIP® assigned.
What You Need To Make Real What Matters!
- We need a graduate in Computer Science or equivalent with 4 - 8 years of experience in developing software applications using Java and database technologies.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Good knowledge in Core Java
- Good knowledge in Advance Java (JMX, Multithreading, Java Memory Model, Garbage Collection, Class Loading, Generics, Annotations, Advanced JDBC)
- Strong knowledge in OOAD
- Ability to debug complex Java and database applications, read and debug the open source software
- Astonishing attention to detail and ability to break down tricky topics to simpler pieces for easier understanding, in writing and in person.
- Knowledge and Experience in Web Services (REST, SOAP), Messaging technologies (Kafka), Spring (AOP, Dependency Injection, Transactions, JTA, Spring JDBC)
- Good written and oral communication skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time