As CCTV Network engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing the local and wide area networks of a CCTV system with 3,500 cameras, ensuring maximum uptime for users. The role includes maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary. You will be based at Harrods site in Knightsbridge, with a requirement to travel only occasionally.
What part will you play?
You will work in-house with the client as part of Siemens organisation’s CCTV team, working with the client’s IT and security Managers to deliver the following:
· Improve the efficiency of current CCTV networks
· Install, configure and support network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, PSN’s and other associated equipment
· Procure network equipment and work with subcontractors involved with network installation
· Configure firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
· Maximise network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
· Investigate faults in the CCTV networks
· Update network equipment including cameras to the latest firmware releases
· Report network and CCTV system status to key stakeholders in the form of a monthly report
· Attend regular client meetings
· Some call out duties- weekends and bank holidays (a standby and call out allowance will be provided)
· Work closely with on-site projects team
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
· Proven experience working on a client site and ability to effectively communicate with the client
· Experience with CCTV systems, (including Synergy 3 platforms preferred)
· Experience installing CCTV networks and improving the efficiency of current networks
· An analytical mind with an ability to follow processes
· An ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Good time management skills and strong documentation skills
· Good communication skills – both written and verbal
· Commercial and business awareness
· An ability to work independently and within a team
What else do you need to know?
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, our teams are shaping and innovating the digital future of fire protection, security, smart building solutions, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and energy management.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Process Systems Enterprise Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time