Siemens is searching for an established Account Manager to be the sales lead of capture teams for large, complex electrical power projects with Industrial customers. This sales executive will be tasked to exceed sales targets for the Siemens Industrial Infrastructure Sales (IIS) portfolio. This Account Manager will have prior experience working directly with End Users, EPCs, and Industrial Contractors – as well as the channels that serve them. The candidate will ideally have established relationships with an existing Industrial customer base. The position will report to the East Region IIS Sales Manager. The Account Manager will promote and sell the entire Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) systems portfolio, which includes high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage switchgear, power transformers, digital grid and micro grid solutions, and motor control centers. Technical services and electrical packaged solutions such as prefabricated electrical houses are also included in the Siemens solutions offering.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of closing both new construction CAPEX and renovation/upgrade OPEX projects at End Users, EPCs, and Industrial Contractors… and possess existing relationships within the commercial and technical groups within those organizations to position Siemens to win business. This candidate will also be a self-starter who is proactive to take the lead and formulate business plans, organize teams across multiple Business Units, and manage their assigned territory - to exceed assigned sales growth goals. Technically, at a minimum, this candidate will have a high level working knowledge of the Siemens’ electrical power and power automation portfolio and will possess the ability to form effective Business Unit working relationships for internal support. The Account Manager must have the expertise to work effectively in a matrix type organization to lead diverse teams to win large, complex project success.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Develop and execute strategic account plans to ensure business goals are achieved.
• Collaborate with Global Account Sales Team and Siemens Business Units to ensure complete opportunity transparency.
• Possess and cultivate long-term relationships with key management personnel within the customer organization, spanning across procurement, engineering, process controls, operations and the like.
• C-level customer relationships are a plus.
• Track and support key project initiatives within specified target accounts through use of Siemens CRM system.
• The ability to guide and lead field sales teams to increase business at named strategic accounts throughout the USA.
• Lead capture teams and collaborate within Siemens to promote the company as a unified entity to customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 10+ years of successful experience in C-level sales to End Users, EPCs, and Industrial Contractors.
• Ability to conceptually engage with customers in the project development process (i.e., interpret one-line diagrams, plan views, plot plans, etc.).
• Electrical engineering background a plus.
• Experience working with clients at executive and operations levels is a must.
• Experience mapping out customer organizational structures and cover multiple office locations for sales plan execution and success.
• Proven track record of leading teams as a project team leader.
• Superior presentation and negotiation skills.
• BS/BA in electrical engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required. A combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
• Certification may be required in some areas.
Candidate must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license and record that meets company requirements.
Qualified Applicant must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicant will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.