Supports and develops original proposals and other sales-related documents for complex systems that integrate hardware and software in the field of process automation specific to DCS (Distributed Control Systems). Responds to sales inquiries and proposal approval requests in a timely manner. Advises in review of sales proposals for products and service opportunities to determine proposal feasibility. Understands standard pricing and bid strategy. Develops an understanding of the organization's structure. Has customer and vendor contact, supporting technical product application assistance. Responsible for supporting the development of detailed technical solutions.
This position provides engineering solution proposals across different process industries (Chemical, Pharmaceutical, etc.).
The position is located in Harleysville, PA reporting directly to the hiring manager
Independently performs basic tasks and functions for professional field of work. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others. Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Identify user requirements using P&IDs, process description and or existing logic
- Provide or acquire engineering analysis and estimates to support the generation of proposals for projects and services
- Document the software and hardware functional requirements
- Assist in reviewing system drawings and coordinate with suppliers
- Develop estimates for hardware and software DCS engineering
- Support efficient, timely acquisition or development of accurate overall project calculation
- Support the generation of proposals that show how the solution meets customer requirements by providing information about product specifications, qualifications and personnel
- Support creation of compliance matrix
- Support pre-bid and bid review activities, occasionally on site
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering
- 0-2 plus years of experience in an engineering field
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Analytical Skills, Innovative, Systematic Thinking, Commitment to schedule and team
- Efficiently complete assignments
- Stress resistant
Domestic Travel will be required approximately 10% of the time. Reports to team lead.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SIMATIC PCS 7 programing experience or other DCS or software experience.
- Preferred education BSEE, BSME or BSCE
- Knowledge of process industries, and procedures of particular area of specialization
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.