Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In this role, you will be the voice of business to an agile development team developing Siemens’ next generation building web applications. You will work with local and global teams developing across many AWS cloud services and technologies.
Top 2 Critical Skills We Are Seeking
- Experience in product management owning one or more SaaS cloud applications.
- Ability to collaborate in international, multi-site development in a Scaled Agile / Scrum work environment
What We Ask of You
- Streamline execution of program priorities while maintaining feature and component integrity
- Strong technical product owner working with a group of high-functional engineers and architects
- Systematically analyze problems, drawing relevant conclusions, devising appropriate courses of action.
- Create a shared understanding with stakeholders and engage team members to gather and understand requirements.
- Maintain the team backlog, review, and contribute to the program vision, roadmap, and content presentations.
- Translate features and stories and document them using Behavioral-Driven Development format.
- Create acceptance criteria to express requirements and ensure test and validation plans are complete and manage acceptance of completed stories ensuring Definition of Done (DoD) is met.
- Ensure traceability between requirements to Features to user stories
- Drive and participate in team demo and retrospectives
- Accountable for sprint readiness and delivery.
- Be the primary liaison between product managers and development teams. Communicate scope changes to the delivery team.
- Collaborate with product management, other POs, and architects to understand and elaborate market requirements, uphold business vision, and create stories for the team while resolving any dependencies.
- Some travel may be required (~10%)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, where required.
- 3+ years in product management owning one or more SaaS cloud product
- Hands-on experience integrating open-source components into cloud solutions
- Knowledge of application development lifecycles, & continuous integration/deployment practices
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, SNS, S3, IAM a plus
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms desired
- Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology
- Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.