Siemens Mobility is an advanced project and product engineering company, well established in providing products and services to the railway, mining & exploration industries. Our office is located in Belmont, with our UK manufacturing arm located in Derby, the historical heart of the UK rail industry.
Siemens Mobility develops designs, builds, installs, commissions and maintains advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection), the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy haul trains.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager who is excited by a challenge. Is this you?
You should be comfortable working with engineers from all disciplines, be both people and process oriented, flexible, commercially astute and able to respond to changing priorities and requirements.
You will be responsible for:
· Leading projects, tackling complex engineering problems and commercial issues throughout the project life cycle.
· Managing and supporting internal site teams and contractors, fostering an ownership culture.
· Developing and maintaining a sound working relationship with the customer, managing customer expectations, solving issues and identifying additional opportunities within on-going projects.
· Working closely alongside the project, sales and delivery teams in order to achieve on time delivery of projects at the right quality and cost.
· Liaising between the company's production, design departments and sub-contractors.
· Managing project finances, maintaining budgets, controlling costs and financial controlling and reporting.
· Risk and opportunity identification and risk mitigation.
· Act as the technical and/or commercial interface with key clients.
· Ensure activities are carried out in accordance with the company's HSE&Q management system and other relevant standards and legislative requirements.
Required Skills & Experience
· Training and development in PMP or similar Project Management methodology is essential. PM@Siemens certification highly desirable.
· A Mechanical, Electronics or Software Engineering degree or equivalent is desirable.
· Significant commercial experience (5-10 years) working in complex, multi-discipline engineering projects including phases of design, approvals, procurement, contract administration, reporting and closure. Ideally within the rail industry.
· Experience in the management of projects to meet critical deadlines.
· Proven track record delivering complex & international projects; value range $500k up to $50 million.
· High regard for health and safety systems
· Highly motivated, with excellent organisational, communication and people skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Knowledge & experience of railway vehicle technology and engineering.
· Experience in detailed design, implementation and testing of systems
· Knowledge and experience in the use of computers in technical applications
· Experience working within a strict quality management system
If you are wanting to work with a dynamic team of high achievers in a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business where you can make a positive contribution, we want to hear from you.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications with resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time