Role: Test Professional - System Integration Engineer (Linux Admin and Config Management)
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Software Test Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
What part will you play!
- You will be involved in Linux system installation and troubleshooting.
- Managing Linux systems
- Strong infrastructure background with a track record of global execution
- Installation, Upgrade & Implementation of ClearCase & GIT
- Creation, administration and population of ClearCase repositories and GIT repositories
- Administrates regions.
- Manage VOB- creation, migration, transfer, etc, Views and repositories, ClearCase and GIT access control
- Trouble shooting import elements into a VOB
- Set up ClearCase licensing, Backup and restore
- Policy enforcements using triggers
- VOB and repositories, Multi-sync / Merging / scrubbing, etc
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- Experience in Managing stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Exposure in tracking project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected and documented
- Must have flexibility to work globally.
- Possess Linux Administration and troubleshooting
- ClearCase & GIT administration and Support experience
- Technical documentation
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good Infrastructure skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time