Technical Expert: Deep Learning & Collective Intelligence
We are central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain. Our support provided to the businesses in their R&D activities is ideally balanced with our own innovation and research. We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world.
Our Technology Field is Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) in Research in Digitalization and Automation. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 220+ researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Energy, Mobility and Buildings to Smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. What part will you play?
Change the future with us!
- Can you move beyond theoretical models and build innovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for Computer Vision based applications in smart mobility, intelligent infrastructure and autonomous systems?
- Can you develop strategic concepts and engage in technical business development to address new markets with our business units, using video-analytics based technologies?
- Do you find it exciting to dive deep into an ocean of data and solve challenges associated with transforming and enriching such large complex datasets?
- Can you demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals?
- You have PhD/Master’s degree in Computer Science and from a reputed institute with grass-root experience of at least 8 years in solving complex problems and driving actionable insights.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following is a must:
- Minimum 6 years of experience working on Image processing, Computer vision and Video Analytics problems with a clear understanding and ability to implement algorithms (especially deep learning algorithms)
- Solid hands-on experience in training deep convolutional and/or recurrent networks using frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe and PyTorch
- Hands-on experience using OpenCV and OpenGL
- Experience with datasets such as Visual Genome for applications in image description and question answering
- Research, develop and prototype software technologies related to object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation, action recognition, 3D reconstruction, SLAM and photometric stereo
- Optimization techniques and model compression for deployment on resource-constrained hardware/edge devices
- Excited to collaborate with team members from idea generation, prototyping through production, present developed solutions and recommendations to business partners, and influence future technology roadmap and strategy of the portfolio
- Have rich experience in understanding and influencing technology choices and building solutions to remove obstacles to adoption.
- Closely follow latest developments in artificial intelligence and be an early adopter of disruptive trends/technologies
- Extremely energetic and willing to walk the extra mile for achieving targets and be an active AI evangelist within and outside Siemens.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time